Tuesday, April 5, 2011

4.5.2011

Yesterday I felt like the worst mom on the planet. T's had a cough for a really long time now. (like months) His cough has been accompanied by a horrible runny nose and sneezes, so I figured it was just a cold. We were talking the other day about this chronic cold and Sam told me he thought I should take him to the doctor. I hadn't even thought to. Anyway, I took Sam's advice and finally took him in yesterday afternoon. The doctor was like, "well, I'm glad you brought him in....he has pneumonia and his right ear is infected. WHAT???? Oh my gosh I feel horrible. Poor kid. How was I supposed to know though?? Look at this face?? Does he look sick to you? (I let him stay in his jammies all day today. Which is rare around here. I usually always get the kids dressed, even if we stay home all day. But don't you feel like when you're sick you get to stay in your jammies all day??)





He's on antibiotics now so hopefully his "cold" will finally clear up. Sorry T. I feel totally horrible.

9 comments:

  1. It is so hard to make that call especially when they act like it doesn't even bother him! Tale is the same when he is sick, its like it doesn't even phase him! But you do feel bad when you hear something like that. Its like now you are going to feel like taking them in with every little sneeze! I'm glad its not keeping him down though. I hope it heals soon! Poor T.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Tucker... I hope he gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you serious! Madeline is the exact same way! We both have the same thing. I will have to take her in tomorrow! I don't think lunch/gymnastics will work then :(((
    Poor Tucker!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that happened to my sister :(. just a cough that lasted forever was actually pneumonia. who takes their kid in for just a cough/cold?

    you are a great mom, julie :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't feel bad! You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie! My Connor is the same way. He gets tons of ear infectios and I never know! He never complains about it or shows any signs. I feel like everytime I take him to the doctor for a checkup he has another one. Don't beat yourself up about it. Some kids must not get that affected by them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope T feels better :-) You are a great Mom!! T is a trooper and without him complaining - How do you know? He looks so healthy in the pics :-)

    ReplyDelete