Thursday, April 14, 2011

4.13.2011

We first started making our own "Cafe Rio" pork when we lived in Vegas, but since moving to New York we've gotten really pretty good at it (since there are no Cafe Rio's even remotely close to us). Anyway, we had it for dinner last night & it's always a bit of a treat when we do because it reminds us a little bit of home. Yummmm.




Little sis got her first food last night (besides cereal).
Avocados!! Yum!! She loved them.


(AND she slept for 8 hrs straight last night so I wonder if the extra calories had something to do with it...maybe filled her up for longer? I wonder how long she would've slept if I didn't get worried about her...."why hasn't she woken up yet?!"...and gone in to check on her, which woke her up. ha.)

9 comments:

  1. You are really good at making that salad. That reminds me of the day I came home from the hospital. Still almost makes me cry thinking of that day (Maybe because I so emotional with this pregnancy)...but I am still so grateful for you and your yummy salad that you brought to us that day and coming home to a spotless clean house. Thanks for being such an amazing, wonderful friend. Hey can you send my those pics from the other day... did we even get a pic of just the girls? I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is one of my favorites too!! I think you have to do that with every child when they first sleep through the night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know..you're worried when they sleep in and worried when they're up all night...I miss all of you so much...love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time you do that you need to invite me! I would seriously pay you to make Cafe Rio for me. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I am hungry and no cafe rio in sight and none cooking in our house....:):) And I understand how hard it is saying goodbye to Ithaca and more importnantly all the amazing friends we made there....so sad.:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's your recipe? Congrats on the 8 hrs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks YUMMY!!! Can I come over for dinner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What recipe do you use? I have one but it would be nice to see yours so I can compare the two and see which one is more authentic... you should post it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zane made that last week--yum!

    ReplyDelete