Sunday, April 24, 2011

4.24.2011

Last night as I was putting T to bed, I was telling him that the Easter Bunny was going to come and leave him a surprise while he slept. I thought he'd be excited, but I guess I shouldn't have told him anything because he was terrified and my usually easy to put to bed kid kept getting out of his bed saying (very seriously) "mom. I don't want the Easter Bunny to come tonight." ha ha. I told him that he might leave jelly beans (T's favorite) and that he wouldn't actually see the Easter Bunny he just sneaks in and leaves good kids treats and hides our eggs. ha. He finally was on board, but in the middle of the night he came into our room and said, "mom? Did you see the Easter Bunny? I wanna hold you!" (He says 'I wanna hold you' when he wants me to pick him up) And he came in bed with us. ha. Funny kid.

So, when I was a kid, the Easter Bunny left a trail of string for each kid that led them to their Easter basket. The Easter bunny continued the tradition on this year with T and he had to follow his string to his basket.


Found!!


The Easter Bunny had to hide our eggs inside this year because it's so cold outside. T was way into finding the eggs this year. It was great. The first egg he threw in his basket and had a melt down that it cracked, "oh no! Broke!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!" so after that he was gentle putting each egg in. ha.


My cute kiddos. All ready for Church.


LOVE this little girl!


Daddy & Maizie girl.
(we tried to get T in these pictures and he didn't want anything to do with it. HA.)




All the nursery kids (& their parents) sang in Sacrament Meeting today. It was totally adorable. I wish I had it on a video. But I snapped a picture of T later in nursery. He loves singing time so much. ha ha. I love that all the other kids are off playing and T is just right there, loving the popcorn song. ha.


We had our good friends over for dinner & Kehau set up another Easter Egg hunt for the boys. This one was even better then this morning because the eggs actually had candy in them! ha. T cried when his buddy had to go home.

11 comments:

  1. Your dress is so cute! I love Maizie's dress too. You have such a cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute family! Love all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember following the string to our baskets when we were young! I used to LOVE that :-) The Easter Bunny made it so fun!! Love the pics of your family all dressed up - Good looking family :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot Mama! You look awesome jewels! I've always loved that dress.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing, and your family is so cute!!! Glad to see you all had a great Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. julie you are SOOO cute! and this whole post cracks me up ... T is pretty funny. i love M's head bands. tiny and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really think T has a knack for singing and music...I love that!
    I love Maizie's cute dress and I am glad you had a wonderful Easter...Love you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jewels...show T the picture of Grandma, Steph and the Easter Bunny...
    Then he really will be afraid of the bunny!! HaHa

    ReplyDelete
  9. funny because 2 years ago E was terrified of the easter bunny and it took so much convincing that it would be great to have a easter basket full of treats...she had the hardest time sleeping that night. finally i told her that the bunny would not come and she slept soundly. kids are so funny that way! i too love maizie headband, i want to get one for little miss. miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so funny that Tucker was afraid to go to bed after you told him about the Easter Bunny! Taylor says, "Mommy hold you" when she wants to be picked up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a very fun holiday! And your family is just beautiful! I am rolling over T being so nervous about the Easter Bunny! So classic! Those are some sweet little ones you have!

    ReplyDelete