Saturday, September 18, 2010

9.18.2010

Nesting...
We have her room ready. I love it. Now T points to his old crib and says, "sissa's bed." It's pretty darn cute. I think he's excited to share a room with her. (We'll see how he feels about it during the midnight wake up calls.)


I filled her drawers with new (and T's old...let's be honest..we're students! But actually mostly new...thanks to my Grandma Kay!!) clothes and blankets washed in Dreft (yummm..such a great smell) and I bought a pack of my favorite NB diapers to keep on the changing table. (Thanks Camilla for the girly changing pad cover! We were just going to use our old blue ones, but this one is so much cuter!) And I got out my old diaper bag, that I'm actually really excited to use again. I loved it and I still love it :)


...and I've made so many onesies for her that she'll have a different one to wear for the first 3 months of life. ha! I still have a whole stack left to make. I can't believe how many white onesies T had as a newborn! (and I didn't have a sewing machine back then so they just stayed white with no designs, sorry T)



T's been talking a lot about "sissa." lately. When we ask him where sister is, he'll usually lift up his shirt and rub his belly...hehe. Even though we still have at least 4 weeks to go, (She has to stay cooking in there at least until my mom gets here!) I think we're about ready for her. We're sure getting excited around here!

(I made the clothes hanging on the clothesline from a tutorial off of my favorite crafy blog www.makeitandloveit.blogspot.com. Check it out if you haven't, it's such a fun blog)

10 comments:

  1. The room looks great! I am glad you like the changing table cover! I am so excited to see miss M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clothes hanging on the wall. Such an adorable idea. It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie! Those are adorable!! Whenever we have kids, I would LOVE to learn how you made those... You are such a cute mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are "sew" cute. (ha, i'm funny). but seriously, you are so talented. did you make t's pillow also? i have a sewing machine i've never used - if you still lived here we could sew together!

    can't wait to see the little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. anytime after Oct.21..hang in there until then

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the clothes line with the clothes hanging off! Their room is so cute! I have had three now, and never had such a cute room for any of them. Great job Julie!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my those are so cute! I love the onsies! I haven't talked to you for so long, I hope you are doing well!! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Julie! She is going to be one cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun room. You are so talented and such a great mom. Their little room looks like it is right out of a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the clothesline and the onesies!!! We can't wait for you guys! :-)

    ReplyDelete