Thursday, September 9, 2010

9.9.2010

Big Boy!!
After thinking about it for a long time, we decided to put T in a big boy toddler bed. We wanted to free up the crib for the new baby but didn't know if T was quite ready for the freedom to get in & out (mostly out...ha) of bed when he wanted to. We knew we had to either do it now (with at least 6 weeks before the baby gets here) or wait until like January so he didn't feel like sister took over his bed. Anyway we decided to do it now and well, no turning back....! I've been talking to him about his big boy bed for a long time, and he seemed really excited about it. It arrived today and he had a great time putting it together with Dad.



Trying it out...
Seems to like it....?!

Posted by Picasa


Sam didn't get home from school until 7:30 tonight and well, I didn't want to try to assemble the bed without him...it'd surely break if I did it alone... So by the time we got it put together, it was way past T's bedtime. He laid down and he looked super tired so we said, "goodnight..love you! see you in the morning..." and we closed the door and just laughed. Haha. I don't really know why it was so funny!? Anyway, about 5 minutes later, he came strolling out. He was so proud of himself, he thought it was so great. He'd go in and lay in bed and come out and after doing that a few times we just let him stay up for a while. Sam's in his room now, sleeping next to him on the floor...it's been quiet for about 20 minutes, so I'm assuming they're probably both asleep! (Anyone who knows Sam knows he can sleep anywhere. ha!)
Anyway, congratulations on your big boy bed T! You're growing up so fast!

8 comments:

  1. Let us know how the night goes...I'm hoping that all of you get a good nights rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new big boy bed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your boy is in a bed now! Time is flying

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big step to go to the big boy bed! And I think his skeleton jammies are so adorable!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He such a sweet boy! I loved that he laid there for a second all proud and THEN came out! Love this story! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too funny! The skeleton PJ's kill me! What a darling little guy! Cannot believe he is so big already! And will be a big brother before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!!
    I keep wondering how Owen will handle a big bed. Tucker seems to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those jammies-do they glow in the dark? I think he will love his new bed. New milestones-he is growing up.

    ReplyDelete