Thursday, September 16, 2010

9.16.2010

T is really into doing everything..EVERYTHING..by himself. Which is actually perfectly fine with me. ha. I love that he has to go up the stairs to our apartment by himself. It's great that he likes to get his shoes on without help, and throw his diapers away in the diaper genie on his own. This new found independence actually came at the perfect time because I was a little worried how I was going to get 2 kids up and down the stairs to our place, and now (even though it takes him a half hour to do it) T can get up and down the stairs just fine on his own! Tonight I was putting the toothpaste on his toothbrush and he grabbed the toothpaste and goes,"self." ha. I love it. It's making my job easy. He's started doing everything on his own!


Tonight after dinner he wanted to paint so after he helped me clean up dinner, we got out the paints..and oh man! I have created a monster!! ha! The second I handed him the paintbrushes, he goes, "hand, self." ha. And starts painting away on his hand. Too funny. I knew I'd regret showing him how to finger paint! In the back of my mind as I was showing him the other day I thought..."don't do it!" I just totally didn't even think that he'd like it! ha. He was SUCH a mess tonight, paint all over his tummy and up and down his arms. ha! Oh well. At least he's getting over his fear of being dirty.



Plus, I love those little hand prints. I think they're so cute.

*Phone update-since there isn't a MAC store in our town we have to drive to the nearest city to try to get my phone fixed. (Rice was not successful) We ran down to the AT&T store today and got the cheapest phone they have just so we can at least be in touch (have you ever tried going without your phone??! Sam and I were emailing back and forth all day today...ha! How did people live without cell phones?!) for the next little while until we can head up to the MAC store. It's actually not a bad little phone, and I'm perfectly fine using it. It makes calls and texts and that's all I really need.
Anyway, I don't know anybody's number by heart except Sam, mom and dad... so if you get a chance will you text me and tell me your number and who you are so I can save you in my new sweet new phone? Ha. (Because right now I have 3 numbers saved in my phone...2 are my parents..sad huh?)

Oh my heck, I have to add to today's post, because I just peeked in at T and saw this...HA! I love it!


This is the 2nd time I've found him like this...you think he likes it? ha! I lifted him up on his bed and he opened his eyes so I told him he'd be more comfortable with his feet up and he just went right back to sleep. haha. Funny guy!
While we're on the subject, T is doing so great in his toddler bed! I'm so surprised at how well he transitioned to it. I know I'm biased, obviously, but I swear he's the easiest kid ever. He goes down for a nap everyday when I tell him it's time for nap. He'll walk in his room, climb up in bed and sleep. He does it at night to. He never puts up a fight, or comes out of his room before he sleeps (he did that a few days right after he got the new bed, but he hasn't done it for like 5 days now!) AND he's sleeping in longer in the morning then he ever did in his crib. Weird I know, but it's true. I love seeing him walk out of his room in the morning. The 1st thing he always says to me every morning, without fail is, "kuker bed." ha.
Anyway, I'm really proud of him. He's always surprising me. I knew he could do it, but I didn't think it'd be this easy to move him to a bed. What a guy!

4 comments:

  1. darling darling darling. love the bed shot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute boy! He's growing up. Finger painting and getting dirty is way fun and I love the pass out shot of him in his new bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Jewels...do you have the same phone number
    love the junior bed...T is such a big boy
    I am really happy he can go up the stairs by himself. I was a little worried about picking him up when I come to visit,love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some GREAT pics! T is a GREAT kid!

    ReplyDelete