Monday, October 31, 2011

10.31.2011

We had a great Halloween! It all started last night, T & I made a pumpkin pie out of a real pumpkin! We were really excited about it, we'd never made pumpkin pie out of a pumpkin before. I should go take a picture of the finished product, but it's not that pretty. It did taste really good though, that's more important right?



This morning I put a spooky skeleton in T's pancake. He didn't really like it, and asked for a new pancake with no ghost (must've gotten his Halloween characters mixed up hahaha) I thought it was cute though.


After breakfast, we headed out with some friends to go trick or treating at a nearby town's main street. It was super cute. All the little shops with a pumpkin sign in the window gave out candy. I was surprised how into it he was! He loved looking for the pumpkin signs (which just about every store had. It was cute). He just about filled up his whole mailbag with candy. He loved looking at all his candy, but didn't really want to eat any. He liked the smarties and kit kats, but that's all. One store tried giving him a twinkie and he just put it right back in their bowl. haha. Anyway, I love my little mailman and I can't get enough him in his costume.


Love hers too, she's so snuggly in her big pumpkin costume.


After Dad got home & we ate chili in the crock pot for dinner (anyone else have that Halloween tradition? yummmmm. Perfect on a cold fall night) We headed out trick or treating around the neighborhood.




After we hit up about 3 houses, T said "mom I want to go home at look at all my candy." ha ha. So we did. And as it turned out, he liked passing out candy to the trick or treaters even more then trick or treating. He got really into it. He'd sit and wait on the stairs for people to come. Then get super stoked when the doorbell would ring and say the cutest things to the kids, commenting on their costumes and telling them to have a happy Halloween. I should've recorded it. It was too cute.

Trick or treating hours here are from 6-7:30. Which I'd never heard of before. Is that a new thing everywhere or just an Ohio thing?? It was nice because we could calm T down and put little miss to sleep and not worry about the doorbell waking anybody up.

Anyway, hope everyone had a Happy Halloween. We sure did. Holidays are getting more & more fun each year my kids get a little older.

4 comments:

  1. I don't blame Tucker for wanting a new pancake- that one was scary! Our trick-or-treating hours are even worse: 3-6. Everyone has to be in before dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pancake and the fact that you made REAL pumpkin pie-you are amazing! The kids are so adorable in their costumes and I agree with T-it is much more fun to pass out candy and see all the kids and their costumes. No limit on trick-or-treat hours here-they started in the afternoon and are still going at 8:30. I love your last two sets of pics...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a FUN Halloween :-) T & M look adorable in their costumes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you guys had so much fun!
    Our boys are at a fun age for Halloween.
    I love that shot of your family in your beautiful neighborhood.
    Owen saw a picture of Tucker and said "can I go play at his house someday?"...I hope so!

    ReplyDelete