Wednesday, October 12, 2011

10.12.2011

We made playdough today. T helped me from start to finish. I think his favorite part was putting the food coloring in. Well, that and playing with it of course.


...and done!





I have the best homemade playdough recipe. It's so easy and I like it way better then the stuff you buy in the store. It's much softer (and if Maizie wants to have a taste, which of course she did...eh oh well) ha ha.
I wish I could give someone credit for it but I have no idea where I found it. I've had it for the past few years, it's the only kind I make anymore.


1 C. all purpose flour
1 C. warm (not hot) water
2 tsp cream of tarter
1 T. vegetable oil
1/4 C salt

food coloring.

Combine all the ingredients, stir until you get all the lumps out (that's key...no lumps!)
Add desired food coloring.
Heat your mix on a medium temperature. Stirring the bottom of the pan slowly. As you scrape the bottom of the pan you will see your mix start to thicken up. Keep stirring. The mix will continue to lump and become harder to stir. As it becomes more solid, press out the blob to make sure you get all the liquid headed up. When you feel like it's a good consistency, remove your play dough from the pan and knead it to finish smoothing it all out. When it cools...PLAY!!
and store in an airtight container or a ziploc baggie.

4 comments:

  1. we made playdough last week!!! it was so fun. i used a similar recipe (mine has more salt in it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. we used to make play dough...I don't know if you remember

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!!! I loved playing with playdough .... I love T's smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made three batches! We love it! Thanks for passing on the recipe.

    ReplyDelete