Tuesday, October 25, 2011

10.25.2011

Happy birthday to my Tucker!! I love him so much I can't even stand it! I know everyone says this about their own kid, but seriously he is the sweetest kid ever. I've never met a guy his age, so concerned with other peoples feelings. He is one in a million and I love him!! We had a super fun day and took lots of pictures. It all started out with pancakes, his shaped like a 3.


And a few presents before Sam left for work.


Since T is so into dogs right now, we decided to have a little doggie party today to celebrate. It was his first real birthday party and it was totally fun! You might think that I'm crazy for having mom's drop their kids off, instead of staying, but it wasn't even that crazy. It was really fun! (Big thanks to Vicki & Elizabeth who stayed and helped, it really would've been total chaos without them) but all in all, I'd do it all over again, T had a blast and that's all that matters right?
Here are some pictures from the party.





Lunch was hot dogs in dog bowls.


(pin the dog bone in the dog's mouth...)


(bean bag toss...)


CAKE!




Thanks to everyone for all the great gifts! We're so lucky to have such great friends.
(This was the 1st year that he was totally excited to open presents)


Maizie napped through the whole party! It was super nice, thanks Maizie! Not that I wouldn't have loved her to party with us, but she loves to have her mama's attention, so it was great that I didn't have to give her any for that hour and a half. So, after the kids left and Maizie woke up, I gave her some lunch and a tiny slice of T's cake. She dug right in! ha ha. (remember on Sunday when she hated her whole cake experience?) I think it's because this time around nobody was singing to her/looking at her/ and it was just a small piece. It can't be because I baked her cake and someone else baked T's, right? RIGHT? ha ha. oh man I love her.


After the house (& Maizie) were clean and T had rested while watching 101 Dalmations, he went on a long bike ride while I pushed Maizie in the stroller. Then we met up with some neighbors to play outside and jump in the leaves.



Tonight as he was falling asleep I asked him if he had a good birthday and he goes, "I had a great day mom. The best day I ever got!" ha ha. He's so cute. I sure love him. Happy birthday my big 3 year old!! I'm so lucky that he's mine.

9 comments:

  1. You are such a cute mom Julie! Tuckers Party was so dang cute! Madeline says "happy birthday TUCKER!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday party, you are the best mom ever! Tell Tucker we hope he had the greatest birthday ever, it looks like he did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday tucker! i meant to send a message today ... i was thinking about it last night that it was his birthday and that i needed to make sure and text at least a happy birthday and i TOTALLY forgot!

    that is the cutest party ever. i love the hot dogs in dog bowls. i might have to steal that idea some day. good job julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so amazing!!! I can't believe you did that. Actually I can because like I said you are amazing. It looked like such a fun party. 3 wow Tucker you are getting so big, Happy birthday big guy. You really are such a great kid. Can't wait to see you in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute party! Happy Birthday Tucker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - Tucker's bday party looks super fun!! I love his cake :-) You are an amazing MOM!! Love you xoxo ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake and balloons match. Such a great birthday idea but most of all I am so lucky to have such a great family. Wish I could have been there. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with everyone else, you are the best mom. What a cute party! My favorite is the lunch in the dog bowls with hot dogs!
    And Did T get a new chair? awesome!

    ReplyDelete