Thursday, September 8, 2011

9.8.2011

It's been freezing here since Tuesday! I mean really really cold. I love it! I love the change in seasons and I especially love fall, so I've loved the cold, cloudy weather. We've been doing lots of fun things to welcome the new season.

First of all, we dusted off T's old trusty green boots and they still fit him! ha. These boots have probably been the best 10$ I've ever spent in my life. I can't believe that they still fit him and they're still his #1 pick when he chooses his shoes. Fall is actually really pretty here! I thought I'd miss Ithaca like crazy this time of year, and I do, but I like it here too. There are cider mills, and apple orchards to go pick our own apples at. My friend Vicki and I discovered an awesome trail yesterday on our walk. It was fun in the rain with the beautiful fall colored leaves.


After our walk we spotted a small fruit & veggie stand on the side of the road and I came home with some raspberries, blueberries and fresh green beans. YUM!


We invited ourselves over to Vicki's house to sit in their hot tub. Not much beats sitting in the hot tub on a cool fall evening in a backyard full of the tallest trees you've ever seen. It was so fun. I'll be inviting us over again soon I'm sure. ha ha.


We made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies the other day and they were so good! They lasted about 3 1/2 minutes. (We shared them with some neighbors) but T, Maizie and I could've eaten the whole batch I'm sure.


T's real Halloween costume came the other day. We ordered in online and it's so so cute. He wants to keep the dragon too, to play dress up's. But for the real Halloween night he decided long ago that he wanted to be a mailman. I tried to convince him that the dragon would be great too, but he was set on being a mailman. ha ha. Good thing too, because he looks so cute in his mailman costume. I love it and so does he.



As if our chilly fall days haven't been fun enough...yesterday while I was out with the kids, Sam snuck home from work and left these beautiful roses for me on the kitchen counter. It was so fun to come home to. I got the best guy. I love having fresh flowers in the house, they just make me smile and ones that are from Sam are even better. Thanks babes.

8 comments:

  1. I love fall :-) T's Halloween costume looks great! Sammy is a great guy :-) Beautiful flowers xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest mailman I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the mailman costume-T looks so adorable and I always love his smile. Your fall activities look like so much fun...I really need a picture of T crossing that beautiful bridge. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great flowers to a great wife from a great husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love T's mailman outfit. The whole post made me happy all over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lucky are you that fall is on it's way! Looks like you had a great day welcoming it with rain boots, beautiful flowers, the hot tub and baking! It may not feel like autumn here, but this has made me think it could it at least taste like autumn with a yummy pumpkin treat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH my HECK Tucker is the cutest Mailman EVER!
    I miss your cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute costume! For some reason I'm having a hard time commenting on your blog. I keep trying but it doesn't work. But I'm always reading!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete