Thursday, September 29, 2011

9.29.2011

She got some new clips and they look so cute on her!
(she pulls headbands right off, but she'll keep a clip in all day, as long as it's the kind that snaps. She's pretty picky about them. ha. I'm so glad she keeps them in though, I love them on her.)




She has quite a clip collection now and we needed somewhere to put all her new clips so I made this super easy clip board to hang up on her wall.


I was prepared to be totally "homesick" for Ithaca, especially this time of year, but Ohio actually has a lot of the same things that I loved so much about Ithaca. Today we discovered this great apple orchard just 10 minutes away from our house, with tons and tons of apple trees for people to pick apples from. They also make doughnuts, right there for everyone to watch. They were making pumpkin doughnuts while we were there, so course we got one...ok ok, we got a dozen. They make apple cider doughnuts, T's favorite and even blueberry doughnuts, Sam's favorite. On Saturday they're going to run the apple cider press, churn honey butter, and have pony rides so you can bet we'll be back on Saturday. We had so much fun today. I brought our Nikon but realized when we got there that I didn't have a memory card, so I just have pictures taken from my phone, but oh well. I'm really loving a new picture app on my phone so I wasn't too bummed. Plus, we'll be back.











Good thing "an apple a day keeps the doctor away." We came home with tons & tons of apples, and they're so good. Yummmm.

3 comments:

  1. These pictures remind me of Detroit...in the fall we would go to the Apple and Doughnut Mills...love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules - you are so creative - I love M's hair clip board :-) Looks like you will enjoy the fall where you are! So FUN :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I lived by you... When I have kids, please send me some cute ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete