Thursday, April 8, 2010

4.8.2010

It finally happened....
Every night T begs and begs to bring his blankie into the bathtub with him during his bath. I never let him. And he usually fusses and cries and says, "key, key, key," until I can usually distract him with some bath toys or singing or something. However, sometimes I can't distract him and he wants his blankie so bad that I'll just get him out of the tub and he won't have a bath that night.
Well, tonight, I drew his water and told him to come in for a bath. We had played outside all day today and he was totally filthy, and in desperate need for a bath. So, when he came walking into the bathroom, grasping tightly onto his blankie, I thought, oh well. I'm not even going to fight it. Plus I thought blankie it could probably use a bath too. So T and blankie finally bathed together tonight, and he loved every second of it.


(I think this blankie will be going to college with T. I don't see him forgetting about it anytime too soon. Or anytime ever.)

8 comments:

  1. He doesn't need to ever give up his blanket.
    There are no rules on when to give it up. Did he get to go to bed with the blanket?? What happened to bedtime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like blankie will be in the bath every time now! Ha! That is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the blankie. It was probably dirty too. :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great mom you are to know when to pick your battles. That is such a cute picture of that little thumb sucker...I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a GREAT MOM Jules :-)I luv the pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest picture! I heart little thumb suckers....

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute!! Nothing better than a bath with a blankie:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. T wins the battle of the blankie. Chalk one up for T. I like Dad's idea about making an outfit out of the 'key'. That way he'll always have it!

    ReplyDelete