Friday, May 6, 2011

5.6.2011

We love having Uncle Zane in town! We spent the whole morning up in Palmyra. We visited the Sacred Grove, saw Hill Cumorah and went to the book store/printing press that published the first Book of Mormon.

Here's the Smith family home. That Alvin (the oldest Smith child) started building in 1823. 80% of this building is the original structure. Inside they've preserved most of the original walls, ceiling and even the kitchen sick!


Sacred Grove...






LOVE this little girl...

& this little guy, so much!!


Today was my 4th visit up to Palmyra since we've lived here in upstate NY, and each time I learn so many new things about Joseph Smith, and his family and the amazing history behind our church. There is a feeling in the Sacred Grove, so peaceful, like no other place I've ever been to. (Even with a hyper toddler boy screaming and running around). And every time I go, I leave feeling so uplifted. I love that place, and I'm grateful that we've had this opportunity to live so close to it.

3 comments:

  1. looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait come. What an amazing place. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Zane had a chance to go to Palmyra & the Sacred Grove ...

    ReplyDelete