Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5.3.2011

Thank you to whoever found my keys in the Wegmans parking lot and took them to customer service today.


I was just shopping along when I heard my name over the loud speaker, "please come to customer service." ha ha. Really this kind person made my day, I would've never found them in the parking lot.

and while we're on the subject of Wegmans...
I'm going to have a hard time parting with it next month when we leave. A grocery store?? (you might ask if you've never been to Ithaca) yes. But it's so much more. Where else can you enjoy fine gelato while shopping or grab a 6$ dinner for the whole family? Where else will the employees run around the store to find what you're looking for & bring it to you, instead of simply telling you where to find it? Anywhere else give free cookies & balloons to kids daily? nowhere. And I will miss it. I'll especially miss the whole section of their store dedicated to candy with a train the circles above it with millions of bins of sweets. How am I going to get T excited about going grocery shopping if I can't say, "we'll go see the train and I'll let you pick out a candy!"
Every grocery store should be like Wegmans. The world really would be a better place.

6 comments:

  1. Central market!! (In texas...)

    Meijer is a good store in Toledo. Nothing like what you are describing but WAY better than Walmart and WAY cheaper than Kroger and Giant Eagle.

    I've actually been to the Meijer in Toledo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that!!!!! How will I ever part with my Wegmans! I am going to have serious withdrawals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah - that is super cool that your keys were found! Gosh I wish we had an awesome grocery store like that here in Utah .... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wegman's really is unique!! Love that store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed, Agreed, Agreed! I still miss Wegmans dearly...I have some foil I bought from there that I use, and I think I will cry when it is all gone.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you've been to a Wegman's, you understand the reason no one wants to leave! I sympathize completely - we need a Wegman's here in the big U-T. :)

    ReplyDelete