Saturday, October 23, 2010

10.23.2010

Maizie Catherine was born early this morning! I had been having contractions all day but I didn't think it was anything to be to excited about. Well, to make a long story short, they got exciting and we headed into the hospital around 1:30am. When I got there, I was dilated 6 cm and by the time I was all hooked up and the anesthesiologist was out of the c section she was doing, (about an hour later..) I was fully dilated and 100% effaced and ready to push! I started crying when the Dr. told me it was too late for an epidural (ha! wuss...!) and then he felt bad and said, we could give you a spinal tap. And I said OKAY! So I didn't do the whole thing naturally, but almost, and boy it was short but painful!!! It was totally worth it though, because about 2 1/2 hrs after we got to the hospital, our beautiful, perfect baby girl was born and it was one of the best moments of my life. I'm still walking on clouds. I feel great, and I fell so lucky that we get to have this little girl in our family. Here are a few pictures from Maizie's birthday today...
(click pictures to make them bigger)




Her visitors...


Welcome to the world and to our family Maizie!! We love you so much!!! xoxoxoxo

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She's just beautiful!! And what a champ you are to do it without an epidural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her too! Good work mama!!
    And congrats!!!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I am so impressed...not only have you managed to blog the same day you gave birth (without an epidural! you tough girl!) but you look so amazing in all your pictures as well! Congrats, she's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You look so beautiful after giving birth! She is so precious. What great pictures and what a cute name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Can't wait to meet Maizie. Take care and enjoy this special time with your precious little one. Please let me know when we can bring dinner and what we can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! And I am a huge wuss and couldn't imagine giving birth naturally (and since I can only do c-section, I won't have to). I think you are amazing for doing it all with out much pain help! Great job Julie!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness oh my goodness! What a beautiful little family! Congratulations Julie!!!! Maizie is gorgeous! And that big brother could not be sweeter! Julie you are amazing! Wish we were closer so we could come visit! Give that little lady a squeeze for me!
    XXO
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  8. only you could make a labor story sound so manageable like it was no big deal! you are a trooper! if i hadn't gotten my epidural i would still be screaming about it...

    congratulations and she is adorable! the name is heavenly. maizie was what i originally wanted for macy... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. o my gosh! Congratulations! I was just stopping to get some cold weather ideas - like playing in oatmeal (love your picture a day blog and that cohen and t are exactly 1 year apart)...ANYWAY I'm glad I got to hear the good news hot of the press. Maizie is darling! I am so happy for you guys. You look beautiful as usual. Your smile screams JOY.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!! She is a perfect addition to your family :-) I love you!! Miss you!! Can't wait to meet her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is darling. i am so glad she is here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at all that hair! She is so cute, I am getting teary eyed wishing I could be there! Way to go Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maizie is beautiful and so are you! Sam looks pretty cute, too....and T is gorgeous, as usual. What a cute big brother and what a beautiful and perfect family. Amazing! Love all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, she is beautiful!!! What an amazing experience that must have been. You have a sweet, sweet family. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! She is so beautiful Julie. Congrats to you and Sam...and Tucker too! Thanks so much for the pictures!

    Love,
    Shaye

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that picture of you showing Maizie to Tucker. And I have to agree with everyone else, you look AMAZING!!! I mean seriously, do you always have to looks so perfect? I did not want to post any hospital pictures of me on the blog, or put in her book. haha! She is so precious, I didn't want to let her go. I miss her already! Can't wait to see you guys again. YEA! another family of 4..........

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! Maizie is just precious and I'm so glad that both of you are healthy and safe. I look forward to seeing her!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful! I love all that dark hair. Her name is so cute too! Congrat!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! She is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the hair she has :) Oh and you look AMAZING Julie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Julie & Family! What a beautiful family you have :)

    ReplyDelete