Tuesday, October 19, 2010

10.19.2010

T has always been really easy to put to sleep at night (just like both his parents, he gets super tired at night and goes to bed early & easily) But I recently found that it's even easier (if that's possible) to put him down when we read the book "Goodnight Moon" before bed. It's totally crazy. Every time we finish reading this book, T....and it's exactly like this, every night...grabs his blanket, says "sleep" lays down and closes his eyes. It's amazing.

We also always pray together before bedtime, and I didn't realize how much he liked it, or even noticed we did it until the other night when we had friends over and it got to be his bedtime. Clearly he was getting tired, so I stuck him in his bed and said my goodnights and I love yous and started to leave. He folded his arms and goes "heavenly father..." It totally melted my heart. I haven't tried to skip out on our prayers since. What a smart kid. I sure love him!

5 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. I hope one day Walker can have the attention span for a book. We try reading to him every night but he wiggles out of our arms and moves onto something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet...reading and prayer are the perfect way to end a day. I want to hug and kiss him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet bed time routine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job teaching him to be such a great kid! You're a great mom!

    ReplyDelete