Friday, October 22, 2010

10.21.2010

This morning we went up to the Cider Mill to because I've been wanting to order some pies for Halloween & Thanksgiving. We mentioned it to Roo, Lucy and Jack and they said they'd come with us! (I'd tried calling to order over the phone but they never get the phone)
So anyway, we found out when we got there that they didn't take Halloween orders and they weren't taking Thanksgiving orders until Nov.1st. ha. So I thought, okay oh well I'll get a pie for tonight since my parents are coming in town. So, I take it up to the register to pay and they only take cash. Well I never have cash so I (embarrassingly) had to give it back. We thought we'd at least get the kids doughnuts so it wasn't a total waste, and we couldn't even find the cash for 3 doughnuts!! haha. so sad. Roo found a dollar so that covered 2, and then after searching the car and Roo's wallet we found 40 cents so they just gave us the 3rd for 10 cents cheaper. It was an embarrassing trip to the cider mill but oh well. The kids still had fun!


3 comments:

  1. Maybe we can go to the cider mill tomorrow if you aren't in the hospital...let's see what tomorrow brings...maybe baby sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a funny story! I'm glad they took pity on you and gave you the other doughnut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have cash on me either!!! who doesn't take cards these days? well good thing kids can find fun in the smallest things!

    ReplyDelete