Thursday, October 14, 2010

10.14.2010

T came into our room at 4:30 this morning and said, "hi!!" He was wide awake. I tried putting him back to bed and got him to stay in his room until 5, but at 5 he came back in and said, "hungry. show." (yeah we watch cartoons in the morning, T's gotten pretty used to it and clearly it's kinda part of our routine.) So I got up, got him a bowl of cereal and some OJ, turned Dora on the TV and got back into bed. No longer then 5 minutes later, I heard him laughing and heard him running in our room, I pretended to be asleep..and he goes, "mom!! again, again, again." (BIG mistake letting your kids know about DVR and that the funny parts of shows can be rewound to watch again...) so I thought, "ugh I'm not going to get back to bed who am I kidding?" and I got up.
BUT....there's an upside to waking up at 5am. I got so much done before 7! I made & ate oatmeal, made a new onesie for little sis...


and made a loaf of banana bread for the receptionist at my Dr's office (because we love her, she is the nicest lady, and I'm not sure how many more times we're going to see her.)



Oh and I sewed a new (more comfortable) waist band on my maternity jeans, showered, got dressed, got T dressed and we were sitting around at 8:30am, just waiting until it was time to get in the car to go to the Dr. at 9:30. ha. I guess it pays off to be an early riser. Although it wasn't really my choice this morning...!

Dr apt today: Dr was out delivering a baby, nurse gave me a choice if I wanted to get checked (for dilation and effacement) and since T was with me, I just decided nah, who cares anyway. I could be a 3 today and not go into labor for another 2 weeks or be a 0 today and go into labor tonight, so why even check right? So nothing too exciting to report...except that baby sis is getting big (nurse said, "well she doesn't have too much room to grow anymore in there!" ha) and that she's ready to come, head down and everything is looking great :)
Mom & Dad get here next Thursday so I'm hoping she waits until they get here to come, but as soon as they get here I'm going to want her out :) I'm getting really anxious to meet this little lady.

PS. Happy 16th Birthday to T's uncle Nolan! We love you!!

6 comments:

  1. That onsie is so cute and so original. Thanks for the heads up on the DVR thing, I will be sure not to show Walker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been productive today! Such a cute onsie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. reading your post made me tired. ha i hope tucker sleeps in tomorrow. at least until 7 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Julie, I usually sit around and watch TV when that happens. Getting things done is sooo not on my list. ha! Plus there is no way I would be able to sew or bake, Tale would be right there pushing me out of the kitchen or trying to take over the sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That onsie is adorable and you are one of the sweetest people ever to make your doc's receptionist some homemade banana bread! I bet it was yummy! And sorry he woke up just as early this morning...hope you got a nap with him this afternoon!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so amazing...what a fun little boy you have.

    ReplyDelete