Thursday, December 1, 2011

12.1.2011

I stumbled across a picture of a kids treehouse bed and emailed it to Sam saying something like, "how sweet is this? I bet you could make it." And before I knew it our garage was transformed into a workshop and he'd gotten to work! I couldn't believe it. AHH what a great dad, I married so well! In less then a week, Sam made this amazing bed for Tucker. There were a few nights where he came home from work around 6pm and worked on the bed until 1-2am. (You normally won't find us awake past 9 or 10 so it was even that much nicer of him!) Anyway, I have been so impressed with him all week, I knew he was handy but, man! What a guy. Not that he needed to because T already looks up to his daddy so much, but he scored some major points with T this week. Thanks Sammy! Amazing job! Here are so pictures that I snapped along the way...













Finished!! Complete with Christmas lights. We spent hours hanging out in it this morning. So fun!



13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! That is amazing! And no worries about him rolling out, plus all of the storage underneath?! I am seriously impressed! (Can't you tell by all my exclamation points?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is freaking impressive. Well done Mr. Bechthold. Well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam you are amazing!!!! What a cool bed :-) I love all of the lights xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you kidding me??? that's awesome! i can set up an appointment for him to make one for sammy next time you are out west if you want ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. Love it. And, Love it! You guys rock!! Now I need Stu to make Madelines... that is when we actually get a house!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's my boy! The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last comment was from Gene not Robyn she has no skills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really from Robyn. Amazing! I want to come live in that. Love it, love it, love it! Now I need one at my house....

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are kidding! That is darling! How fun is that! You are a lucky girl, turkey to tree house beds, way to go Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful...How about building our house in Salt Lake
    Can't wait to see the workmanship in person

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, that is very impressive. i kinda want one for myself, tucker must be loving it! your man is talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. UN - believable!!!
    I love it so much! That is heaven for a little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!! So amazing!! It brought back these sweet memories.
    Grandpa Bob built a playhouse for our children when they were little and sent it to Spokane!!! What fun for Tucker and Maizie!
    Love, Christine and Dan

    ReplyDelete