Friday, November 25, 2011

11.25.2011

I used to tell people that Thanksgiving was my favorite Holiday because as soon as it was over we had a whole month of Christmas ahead of us. I love Christmas. Love it, love it, love it. Always have. Always will. I love the lights and the decorations, the music, the magic. (WOAH cheesy) Anyway, I love everything about it. Today, we had so much fun setting up our Christmas decorations and this year we had a few new additions:
Addition #1 the train around the tree.

T didn't stop playing with it from the time it came out of the box to the time he went to bed. I don't think I've ever seen him this into a toy before. wowza he loves it. (and miraculously Maizie hasn't tried to grab it off the track? She waves at it and blows it kisses as it dives by her. It's pretty darn cute)

Addition #2 the garland up the staircase.


I got it back in October and I've been so excited with the anticipation of putting it up. This is the first home we've lived in with stairs, and I'm loving the garland.

This is the first year in a long time (our whole marriage?!) that we're planning on staying "home" for Christmas. And although we will for sure miss our families, I'm excited for Christmas morning, for T to come out of his room and down the stairs to see that Santa came to his house.
I'm excited to start our own traditions, does anyone have a favorite tradition? I'm looking to pick a few up. haha. Really though. I'd love some fun ideas.
Yay for the official start of the Christmas season, let the magic begin!

8 comments:

  1. i love garland on our stairs too! (one of the very few reasons i like having stairs). your house is pretty ... you need to give a picture tour :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh your decorations are beautiful! I love Christmas too! I need to start collecting Christmas decorations so that when we get a home we will have some. ha! I remember you guys almost stayed back last year. You will have so much fun on Christmas morning doing your own thing with your own family. I loved seeing Tale come down the stairs all excited last year! AHHH can't wait for January!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can we come to your house??? Looks beautiful
    Traditions:
    Red Pajamas for everyone on Christmas Eve
    Socks with Bells on them on Christmas
    Christmas Tie for Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - Your house looks so pretty and festive :-) I will miss you for Christmas xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the garland. Wish I had a staircase to decorate!
    Remember that one time we ate Thanksgiving together?! then ry and sam went Blackfriday shopping. Oh man i miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  6. We missed you guys at Thanksgiving! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree and house looks so festive. So glad you are staying home with your little family...we will miss you but that is great for your kids. Traditions-PJ's to open on Christmas Eve or before. Open one present on Christmas Eve. Treats for Santa and his Reindeer. Read The Christmas Story, A Visit From St. Nick, The Polar Express, Max and the Disappearing Bag, and other great stories all month long. Get together with family or friends and have the kids dress up and do the Christmas story-such a sweet experience. A Christmas ornament for each child every year (put their name and date on the ornament) and when they get married they can take the ornaments with them. Sorry, I have a bunch. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your garland. And I think the train is the best tradition ever. So fun for T! I want to come hang out at your house.

    ReplyDelete