Thursday, November 24, 2011

11.24.2011

I'm thankful for him...


..for many many reasons, but especially today because he did almost all the cooking for our big Thanksgiving meal. This was the 1st year we volunteered to make the turkey, so Sam did a bunch of research and made a super delicious & perfect turkey. (Our friends didn't buy it that he'd never made one before) He also made some stuffing from scratch, I loved it. I was totally impressed.

I was in charge of the pie and the table decorations. (I picked a pumpkin pie up at Costco haha) I put a little more effort into the table settings. This kids places turned out cute.



The adults (am I really an adult? I always feel weird calling myself one...) were nothing to write home about, but I took a picture anyway (and look at that, I am writing home about it haha).


the spread.


I'm not only thankful that Sam did the cooking, he also did all the dishes and clean up. I know, I know, I'm so lucky! Even though we don't live by our families in Utah, I'm thankful that Sam has such a great job. I'm thankful that we have such good friends who want to come over and celebrate Thanksgiving with us. And most of all, I'm thankful for my husband and my healthy, beautiful children. Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for your beautiful family. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Turkey Day Jewels!! Way to go Sam! Everything look s great!
    Miss you guys!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man that is one great husband! Love your place settings. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving!
    All of it looks beautiful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your kids' place settings - so cute! What's wrapped inside the "drumstick" ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam is such a great cook! I am so glad your Thanksgiving turned out so well :-) I am so thankful for all of you :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. What a beautiful Thanksgiving, from the food to the place settings. The food looks perfect and the decor is so creative. You are both so talented and I am so grateful for you and those beautiful kiddos. Love you.

    ReplyDelete