Tuesday, December 6, 2011

12.6.2011

It started snowing last night after Maizie had gone to bed, so T & I ran outside to play for a few minutes!!


He loved it, but I think he loved the hot chocolate after even better.


After the kids went to sleep last night, Sam and I turned on some Christmas music and each decorated our own gingerbread house. It was so fun to be able to make it just how I wanted...haha so selfish. Really though, it was a blast. I think my favorite part was watching Sam decorate his. He was concentrating so hard on it hahaha, it was so cute. Oh man I love him. (Sam said he wanted to add something to his so I didn't take a picture, but it's in the next picture anyway...)
Here's mine.


OK so here's the part that I'm not proud of....as we were decorating, T got out of his bed and came down and oh man I'm never going to forget the look he had on his face when he saw Sam & I at the table, munching on candy, doing gingerbread houses & having a party without him. He was so confused. It was heart breaking. Course he wanted to help and I gave him a gingerbread cookie to decorate but I wouldn't let him touch my house!! ahhhhhh I'm embarrassed to say that. What kind of a mom am I? hahaha Seriously! (He was actually quite happy with the cookie, but I still felt bad) Anyway this morning while we were out, I grabbed him one and let him & his friend Lily have at it this afternoon while she was over playing. So now we have a whole gingerbread village gracing our home. (complete with a gingerbread train-not shown)



This morning we went to Costco. Maizie started getting a bit fussy so I grabbed this giant bear to ride around in the cart with us with no intention of buying it (is that bad? Does anyone else do that, because I do it all the time) Anyway, when we went to check out, she had clearly bonded with the bear and had a MAJOR melt down when I took him away. After finding out it was 8 bucks and change, I decided it was worth my sanity to buy the thing. He did look pretty darn cute riding in the cart next to Maizie. (Don't mind her mullet....I need you ROO!)


We made a snowman today. T wanted to name him Frosty. Clever huh? haha. Unfortunately Winston thought Frosty was an intruder or something & his life was cut short. He was tackled down to the ground shortly after I took this picture. Darn dogs.


She didn't mind the cold or snow one bit! She just sat happily in the snow and watched all the action. ha ha i LOVE HER!!


My neighbor (& friend) was in a bind today and had nobody to watch her kids while she went in to work, so I watched them. I had (including mine) 4 kids. TWO, 3 year olds, a 13 MONTH old and a 4 MONTH old, all by myself for 5 1/2 hours. Apparently T thought it was the coolest thing ever and kept saying stuff like, "I want a baby like Jackson. He's so cute. Maizie is way bigger then him. She's not as cute as he is." hahaha. Ironic, because I was thinking all those kids at the same time was great birth control and here T is talking about a baby brother. Sorry to break it to you T but you're probably not getting any more siblings. Hopefully he can get some cousins soon though?? haha. Really though, siblings. Get on it :)

4 comments:

  1. I love your gingerbread village :-) So cute! xoxo Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to eat her up! I wish it would snow here, but it refuses to do so. Miss you guys, especially around this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are way too good of a mom for feeling selfish about not letting T decorate a house. i would have made sammy go back to bed :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a PERFECT mom! Your kids are so lucky. I was laughing so hard reading the bear story and the story about you and Sam decorating the houses and getting CAUGHT by Tucker. Funny. I love all of you SO much!

    ReplyDelete