Wednesday, December 21, 2011

12.21.2011

We've had a lot of really fun days at the zoo, but today was the best, most fun zoo day we've ever had. We went down around 12:30, hoping to beat the rain that was supposed to come, ride the merry go round and come home, but we stayed until 4:00...and the merry-go-round wasn't even running! haha. When we pulled up there were 4 cars in the whole parking lot, so I figured the zoo was closed. But good thing we stuck around because we had such a blast!! The kids were so happy, and happy kids=easy kids :)

I loved today. The stars aligned for us and everything worked out perfectly. Maizie loved walking around and I loved that I didn't have to worry about her crawling on the nasty zoo floor or losing anybody in the crowd. T wore big boy underwear and even told me once that he had to go potty so we found a bathroom at the zoo for him to use! (slowly moving out of the underwear at home and diaper when we're away phase....) It was super cloudy all day and kind of dark so we could see all the cool Christmas lights (we were happy they were turned on!) but never rained a drop. Anyways, we couldn't have picked a better day to go.
Wish I would've brought my real camera..but here are some phone pictures.












After all that zoo fun, both kids were bathed and asleep by 6:30pm so Sam & I watched a non-cartoon movie, peacefully, all by ourselves! If today ended up being groundhog day and I lived it over & over again I wouldn't be one bit sad. It was a good day. Plus that would mean my kids wouldn't grow up anymore, and that would be perfect because I love 'em so much right now and I'm not totally convinced I like all the growing up they've been doing lately. What happened to my little babies??

4 comments:

  1. i feel the same way with your kids and mine. Where did our babies go?!
    Lucy will things like, "that is darling, mom" and I think...what? where did my toddler go and when did I get a teenager. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me....it was just "yesterday" that I was taking my little kids to the zoo, so enjoy EVERY minute with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me....it was just "yesterday" that I was taking my little kids to the zoo, so enjoy EVERY minute with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dido what Robyn said...enjoy, enjoy, enjoy

    ReplyDelete