Tuesday, June 21, 2011

6.21.2011

I had to grab my phone and take a picture of T this morning eating breakfast. ha. What a stud. He wore his sweet shades the whole meal through. ha ha.

We had a fun day today! The girls in our ward came over for playgroup, our first pool party! I was so happy to see our pool filled up with little swimmers, and I'm really excited about this ward. It's a fun group of girls and they're all really close. They have a book club, weekly playgroup, a monthly girls night and someone has been sending me emails every Monday of all her plans that whole week (zoo, movies) in case I feel like joining in any of their activities. How nice? Boy, they've made moving to a new state really easy on me.





Next Wednesday night the young women are coming over to swim. I'm so glad people are using the pool! It was a lot of work to clean it up and make it swim ready so I'm thrilled to see people in it :)
(if you live by us, you have an open invitation to come anytime. Really!)

After naps, we had a picnic with the dogs in the front yard. T is learning the hard way that if he doesn't eat it quick, his food with get snatched up by one of the dogs. ha. Yesterday he had a whole sandwich taken out of his hand. He cried. I tried not to laugh :)



11 comments:

  1. Wish I could be there!! Looks like fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Anna and Lily and neighbors...have they been over

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks like so much fun! I am glad you love the ward. I have had a lot of mixed feelings being here. Lets just say our welcome was not as warm as Ithaca!!! I love being close to family and my best friend who lives down the street (In a different ward), but I sure miss Ithaca. I am so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jules i am so glad you love it there! you guys look so happy and i am SO glad you got a warm welcome, it sure makes a difference. can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pool party looks like it was FUN!! I love all the pics of the kids playing by the pool :-) I want to come over and swim! Cute pics of T and the dogs..

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!!! It sure does make moving easier when you make good friends. AHHH we miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ward sounds so great! We're happy for you guys and your smooth transition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are going to have a fun summer with that pool! Off to a great start! Wish we were crossing paths this summer! It has been too long friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This whole post looks like pure fun. So glad you are meeting such nice people and that pool is getting some use. I love my grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i wish i lived by you! i'd be over every day.

    ReplyDelete