Tuesday, March 15, 2011

3.15.2011

Hello sun! We've missed you!






Also, poor little sis is loosing her hair...


But she doesn't seem to care much :)


I feel pretty lucky that I'm even able to post tonight...from the comfort of our home, from our computer. Today, I turned on the oven to stick some cookies in, and went in the other room to feed sis. After about 5+ minutes, I started to smell burning, like melting plastic burning. I ran to the kitchen and opened the oven to see a fire a blaze in there. I freaked. TOYS! T had put a small toy truck, a stuffed Elmo, his toy protective glasses that go with his tool set and a pad of paper in the oven and I didn't know it. AHHH. Panicking, I called Sam, while the fire alarm is going off and both kids are crying hysterically. I grabbed the pad of paper...what was on fire, smothered it with my oven mit and and sprayed water in there. ha. It was quite a scene. I think Sam thought somebody had died when I called him. Apparently we need a fire extinguisher in our kitchen. Looking back it really wasn't that big of a deal, but it seriously scared me! I was about ready to put jackets on the kids and go outside to watch our house (and the 5 other apartments attached to ours) burn down. ha ha ha. Well, that might be a bit dramatic. Anyway, here's the toy truck I salvaged from the big fire.


We are all okay :) Well, not the toys, and surely not the pad of paper.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I would have freaked out too!!! Glad you guys are all okay. That is pretty funny that T put all that stuff in there. I hope the sun stays around for awhile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow !!!!I am so glad you guys are okay! I can't believe that. T is so funny! I would have been running around like a crazy person! Amen to missing the sun! Hopefully there are many more days like this to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is scary! Sounds like you handled it like a champ. I am glad you and all your stuff is safe. Tell T not to do that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the truck looks good, i was thinking it was a pile of melted plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy everyone is ok :-) That was some quick thinking on your part!! Glad to see you are getting some nice weather ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh! i never check the oven before turning it on. that is a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So scary!! I am glad you guys are ok! That is so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. I'm going to always check my oven now before baking. You're so brave to put it out and I'm glad your family and good old 602 is okay!

    ReplyDelete