Wednesday, February 22, 2012

2.22.2012

Maizie has turned into an enormous mama's girl. Oh man. I can't take a step away from the direction that she's in without her saying/yelling.."mamamamama!" OK i love it. I do. But it's pretty exhausting too. I can't leave the room or leave her sight for a half second without her having a major melt down. It makes me tired and I've been too exhausted to blog lately. so sorry to anyone crazy enough to look at my boring, monotonous blog in the first place. ha :)

We really do have some seriously exciting things going on though that I feel inclined to share. First of all-the kids are loving eating their veggies. YAY! well, drinking them anyway. Sam got a fancy new blender and has been making "green smoothies" with the kids each morning. They love them, and I love to see my kids devouring spinach, carrots and other super foods.



Sam surprised T with a new "big, big, bike"-he had totally outgrown his little strider, and since he's such a little biker, it was a needed upgrade. He loves it, and caught onto the pedal thing really quickly.

She likes riding in the stroller while he rides his bike.


The biggest change around here is that T started preschool 2 mornings a week. He loves it! And I'm so proud of him. We weren't really looking to start him until August, but while checking out out preschools, we found one we really liked with a rolling admission. So, since he was begging to go, we decided to go for it and just get him started. Here he is on his first day, walking into school. (he looks really cute hanging his backpack & little jacket up in his cubby. ha ha. Oh and he couldn't get rid of me faster that morning.)


Him going to preschool is bringing back so many memories of when I taught preschool at the U. I loved those little kids. I remember thinking how great their age was and being jealous that their mom's got to hang out with them and hear the funny things they say all day. I can't believe I have my own little, funny preschooler. And he really does say the best stuff. He cracks me up. And yes, his blankie did go to preschool with him. And yes, he was holding it when I came to pick him up. I told his teacher about it and that if he asked for it to try to distract him but if he absolutely needed it that it was in his backpack. She said he had just gotten it out before pick up. We probably need to get rid of it huh? ugh I just can't do it. He loves it so much.
I think it's possible that Maizie likes hers even MORE then T though. Oh sheesh...she can't even leave a ROOM without holding her key. What is it with my kids and their blankies?? ha ha ha.

I'll try to blog more often.

4 comments:

  1. How fun for Tucker!! Such a grown up, handsome boy.
    I say let him have the key as long as he wants :) it's so sweet! I had a niece that took her blanket to school til she was in second grade. it stayed in her back pack all day, but it went with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...keep the blanket for as long as he needs it...
    Love those kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed your posts, but I know how busy you are!! That is so exciting T likes preschool. I love his new hair cut :-) Miss you all so much - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you got his hair to spike huh? He is so handsome! Man you poor thing, both my kids went through that too, couldn't leave the room for anything!!! Man that smoothie looks so healthy, I need to start putting some green stuff in mine, but honestly it doesn't look that appetizing. At least pre-blend. Oh i so need to eat healthier! haha..........miss youguys...

    ReplyDelete