Friday, March 5, 2010

3.5.2010

I've been really into cooking & baking lately. I'm loving trying out new recipes! The past few weeks, I've tried many new dinners, and a bunch of new cookie recipes (we love cookies around here), some new cakes (for birthdays and other various celebrations, or a Sunday or just a weekday, you know), and tons of new breakfast breads (finally found a banana bread recipe I love, love, love) and some great pancake recipes. Some have been awful (my apple bread.....yuck!) But for the most part, I've loved most of the new recipes I've tried.
I've always enjoyed cooking, but I think I've been so excited about it lately because I got a new recipe book. I've been sorting through all my old recipes, typing up my favorites and throwing some out that I don't know why I had in the 1st place. Anyway, look how organized & beautiful. Best part is that it's full of great recipes! I have to go buy new pages because it's all full! I love it!


Usually when Sam's out of town we have cereal for dinner, but tonight I was in the mood for something a little more gourmet, so I made these Whole Wheat Corn & Zucchini Quesadillas. They turned out so good! yummmm.


If anyone wants to swap favorite recipes or just get a copy of any that I have let me know!

PS. Sam gets back tonight, yay! We've missed him!!

7 comments:

  1. I love cooking too! We definitely need to swap recipes. I'm always looking for new yummy recipes, and I think I have a lot of good ones to share too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jewels,
    OK!! I have a new recipe that I think is good.
    Zucchini soup.I will also send you the missionary easy cook recipes and you can sort through them.
    Check your email. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new book looks great. I would love to have a copy of your quesadilla recipe-yum! No wonder Tucker loves to cook! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for sure! Looks like we have a lot in common when it comes to loving to cook! I would love to get recipes from ya! Too bad you aren't here, cause I have been wanting a buddy to take cooking classes with! Sure miss you guys! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie I'm always baking and making new recipes too! I have a great zucchini bread recipe if you are interested? Felix loves those delicious quick breads. I will pass on other fun and delicious recipes as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Sadly most of my recipes are for dessert, but they still could use some organization!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh we loved your banana bread too. It was sooo yummy, Tale ate like the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete